- New subwoofer alone was ok,
- subwoofer with Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) was quite good,
- therefore I will buy a second subwoofer.
The second subwoofer was basically a Christmas gift fore me. Now after some setup and testing, both are working and everything sounds really good.
- better bass at main listening position (MLP; in front of cinema screen)
- better bass at secondary listening position (SLP; at desktop in front of computer monitors)
- better bass at other possible places
- configure one subwoofer for SLP (desktop), then
- configure second subwoofer against the first configuration for MLP
This unfortunately didn’t really worked out. It didn’t sound good, and it was hard to configure at all.
- my PEQ (Minidsp 2×4 HD) can save multiple different configurations
- official software only runs under Windows, but minidsp-rs allows me to change the config even under Linux
- therefore I just created two completely different configurations, and just switch whenever necessary
In conclusion the 2 subwoofers and PEQ really made a big difference in comparison to just one subwoofer. Especially for multiple listening positions, and listening experiences (music vs cinema).