After some time off training because of moving, work, injuries and laziness, let’s start anew. Some preconditions:
- Squats, deadlifts, bench and overhead press are the focus
- Both presses should occur more often, because I also jog and ride my bike every morning, and I intend to add pull-ups and rows.
- Some hamstring exercise, because I sometimes have muscle soreness after squats respectively deadlifts. Also have to check / learn proper hip hinging.
After taking some inspiration from popular programs like 5/3/1 or Greyskull LP my own plan looks something like this at the moment:
- 4×4 Overhead Press
- 4×8 Squat
- 4×4 Deadlifts
- 4×8 Bench press
- 4×4 Bench press
- 4×8 Overhead press
Additional movements, alternating after the main exercises:
- Rows 3×10
- Curls 3×10
- Skullcrusher 3×10
- Hamstring exercise
- Ab exercise (wheel, leg raises)
Pull-ups after every training day, more than before.
- add x weight after successful attempt.
- back-off x weight after some failed attempts
- Maybe too much back exercises in contrast to abs?
- Why 4×4 / 4×8? I saw it somewhere and tried it before; I liked the variety.
- Why so much pull-ups? I want to be able to get 10 in a set. If it is too much, I remove something for better recovery.